Kiwi Fruit - An Exotic Delicious Fruit and a Powerhouse for Antioxidants Vitamins and Minerals
1) Kiwi fruit is a powerhouse of Antioxidants that help in protecting cell DNA from oxidation damage caused by free radicals. Kiwi fruit eliminates free radicals from our body and thus help in preventing cancer.
2) Kiwi fruit is an excellent immunity booster as it is a great source of Vitamin C. Kiwi fruit protects our body from various bacteria, pathogens and viruses.
3) Kiwi fruit is also known to be effective in promoting and inducing good sleep. It has flavonoids such as catechin, quercetin, naringenin etc which is beneficial for treating sleep disorders and inhibiting factors that affects sleep.
4) Kiwi Fruit is rich in dietary fiber. It improves the digestion process and also helps in maintaining healthy digestive system and colon health. It contains "actinidain" an enzyme that helps in digestion and absorption of protein in our body. Besides, it also binds toxins in the intestinal tract and eliminates them from our body.
5) Kiwi Fruit is excellent for our eyes since it has good source of Vitamin A and phytochemicals (zeaxanthin and lutein) which helps in promoting good vision and protects eyes from macular generation, cataracts and other eye sicknesses.
6) Kiwi Fruit is known to be effective in preventing clotting of blood especially in arteries thus helping maintain good cardiac health.
7) Kiwi Fruit is alkaline in nature and therefore helps in maintaining and balancing healthy pH levels in our body. Majority of people have unhealthy slightly acidic blood, therefore making Kiwi fruit a part of your regular diet will help in balancing the pH level and will make your blood slightly alkaline in nature.
8) Kiwi Fruit helps in promoting healthy renal/kidney function since it contains good amount of Potassium which is good for preventing salt formation in kidneys thus preventing formation of kidney stones.
9) Kiwi Fruit is good for diabetics as it is effective in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. It has low glycemic index and is also rich in fiber.
10) Kiwi Fruit is also good for patients suffering from Asthma. Since Kiwis are rich in bioflavonoids, it helps in improving respiratory functions. It also helps in fighting infections in respiratory tract.