Kiwi Fruit is one of the exotic fruits like Dragon Fruit, though it is a national/native fruit of China, it is largely grown in Italy followed with countries like China, South Africa, Chile, New Zealand, Japan, India etc. Kiwi fruit is very delicious and has a pleasant sour taste and is also a powerhouse for Antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals. Kiwi Fruit is a rich source of Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Besides this fruit also has good amount of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Folic Acid, Vitamin E, Potassium and Minerals This fruit can be also used for making delicious fruit salad and exotic fruit mock-tails. This fruit has a sweet, sour and tangy taste and pulpy texture. There are various health benefits associated with Kiwi Fruit. Kiwi fruit is known to be effective in repairing damaged cells and increasing platelet count in patients suffering from dengue.
Following are the complete health benefits of Kiwi fruit for your body.
1) Kiwi fruit is a powerhouse of Antioxidants that help in protecting cell DNA from oxidation damage caused by free radicals. Kiwi fruit eliminates free radicals from our body and thus help in preventing cancer.
2) Kiwi fruit is an excellent immunity booster as it is a great source of Vitamin C. Kiwi fruit protects our body from various bacteria, pathogens and viruses.
3) Kiwi fruit is also known to be effective in promoting and inducing good sleep. It has flavonoids such as catechin, quercetin, naringenin etc which is beneficial for treating sleep disorders and inhibiting factors that affects sleep.
4) Kiwi Fruit is a rich source of dietary fiber. Kiwi Fruit improves digestion and helps in maintaining healthy digestive system and colon health. It contains “actinidain” an enzyme that helps in digestion and absorption of protein in our body. Besides, it also binds toxins in the intestinal tract and eliminates/excretes them from our body.
5) Kiwi Fruit is good for eyes since it contains good source of Vitamin A and phytochemicals (zeaxanthin and lutein) which helps in promoting good vision and protects eyes from macular generation, cataracts and other eye sicknesses.
6) Kiwi Fruit is also known for preventing clotting of blood especially in arteries thus helping to maintain good cardiac health.
7) Kiwi Fruit is alkaline in nature and therefore helps in maintaining and balancing healthy pH levels in our body. Our blood is required to be slightly alkaline in nature (pH level 7.35 to 7.45), therefore adding Kiwi fruit in your regular diet will help in balancing the pH level and will make your blood slightly alkaline in nature.
8) Kiwi Fruit helps in promoting healthy renal/kidney function since it contains good amount of Potassium which helps in preventing salt formation in kidneys thus preventing formation of kidney stones.
9) Kiwi Fruit is good for diabetics as it helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. It has low glycemic index and is also rich in fiber.
10) Kiwi Fruit is also good for patients suffering from Asthma. Since Kiwis are rich in bioflavonoids, it helps in improving respiratory function. It also helps in fighting infections in respiratory tract.