Dragon fruit – An exotic fruit that promotes good health and immunity
Dragon fruit also known as “Pitaya” is one of the rich and exotic Asian fruits mostly grown in countries like Thailand, Indonesia , Taiwan, Malaysia, Cambodia, Philippines etc. This fruit is well known for its medicinal properties and nutritive value. It is rich in antioxidants and fiber and is potent enough to treat many diseases. And that it is not widely grown and available across the globe, it is also one of the expensive fruits. Here are the outstanding health benefits of eating dragon fruit. I’m sure after knowing its health benefits you gonna surely make it part of your regular diet or at least once in a while.
Dragon fruit helps in boosting your immune system since it has good content of Vitamin C. The better your immune system, the better protection from various diseases and sicknesses.
2) It is rich in antioxidant “carotene” which helps in eliminating tumors and free radicals in the body. It is also known to be effective in preventing cancer and fighting early stages of cancer.
3) It promotes effective digestion since it has substantial amount of fiber. It also helps in effective function of bowels and eradicates digestion problems like constipation, gastro-intestinal, colorectal cancer etc. It also helps in producing digestive juices which in turn help in completing the digestion process effectively and helping passing motion properly.
4) It helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases since it contains good type of fats which is useful in inducing good cholesterol (HDL) that help in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body. It also inhibits the accumulation of plaque on the walls of arteries thus lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as strokes, atherosclerosis and heart attacks.
5) Dragon fruit is known to be effective in fighting diabetes since it has an ability to stabilize sugar levels in the blood. It also suppresses sugar spikes in the blood resulting from intake of rich sugar foods.
6) It is also said to be effective in suppressing inflammation and relieving arthritis symptoms like joint pain and immobility.
7) Dragon fruit is the best anti-aging solution since it helps in reducing the aging by keeping your skin young and firm. And that it is rich in Vitamin C it also improves skin tone and complexion.
8) Dragon fruit also helps in maintaining healthy body weight and also balances your appetite; therefore you do not tend to overeat. Since it is rich in protein and has little or no cholesterol, it tends to break down easily which eases the digestion process thus helping in maintain healthy body weight. It also has an ability to increase the body metabolism which helps in burning body fat which in turn help in losing some weight.
9) It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and helps in preventing and fighting bacteria and fungus in the body. It helps in stimulating and increasing white blood cells count in our body which in turn help in fighting diseases and sicknesses.
10) Dragon fruit is also useful for conditioning your hair and removing the chemicalized hair color/dye. Just grind and make a fine paste of dragon fruit and apply on your hair and scalp. After an hour rinse your hairs post which your hair will look softer, shiny and healthier.
Considering the above outstanding health benefits of dragon fruit, it is advisable to make this fruit a part of your regular diet.